Originally Posted By: Wims
Well yeah, adding the absolute path is always going to work, but when I tried it I thought let's see if I can just use firefox, meaning that firefox would have registered its path either in the PATH variable environement, or inside a key in the registryIf others browser are doing that as well, it will work and is 'portable'. I figured I'd keep it because if it works it's a better solution, you can share the code with someone without modification, I just tested it with chrome and it's working for me.

I recently installed Firefox Developer Edition , which installs as separate Mozilla browser with it's own profile. But since installing it , links open in Dev edition and not in Noral Stable Mozilla Firefox. I ha dto edit the script with absolute path to make it work. I am confused why would "firefox" trigger developer edition and not stable edition.

Code:
on $*:hotlink:$($url_p):*:if ($hotlink(match).type == url) && ($hotlink(event) == sclick) { run C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe $regml(2) | return } | halt
alias url_p return m@(["']?)((?:(?:https?|ircs?)://(?:www\.)?|www\.)((?:(?:[-\w]+\.)+)[-\w]+)(?::\d+)?(/(?:[^ \n]*))?)\1@igS