I've been having this trouble for a while now, but the behaviour seems to be getting worse. I'm using the latest release (7.43) on a Windows 7 machine.

When this first started, the program would hang when I went to join a second server in a new window (not using a script, just from the connection dialog). My connection on the initial server I was on would ping out after a while, and then the program would get its shit together and I'd join the new server and then come back on the original (in that order).

Lately it has been hanging for a long time when I try to join the first server, and then hanging indefinitely when I try and join a second. If I try to even look in the server window to see what it is doing, at either point, it tells me the program is not responding.

I haven't made any changes to my firewalls or other security setup. I can get onto the same networks using other avenues (kiwi irc) with no issues.

Any insight as to what could be causing this and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated!