The reason I brought up multiple scripts, is that for data stores and @Wins, scripts can defend against conflicts(though not fullproof) via isolation. As an example, scripts can use a script-specific naming convention for their @win or hash tables. Multiple scripts interacting on the same @Win or hashtable is generally considered bad.

On the other hand, the main toolbar can't be isolated in such a way and its intended/expected for multiple scripts to interact with the toolbar.

--

Though mIRC is very niche, your suggestion in the context of mIRC is very niche.

How many users want to replace the current toolbar with an @win?
What is gained over current functionality?
How easily can it be implemented?

The reasons for the resistance is due to this suggestion being niche. Khaled's time may be better spent on other suggestions that effect more than a handful of users especially considering this request can be accomplished with established dlls such as cwnd.dll or dcx.dll. These solutions may not be ideal, but they further diminish priority of the suggestion.

--

As far as DCX.dll, check out the /udock command. It can dock custom windows around mIRC's UI and is not dialog-specific. In essence to achieve the same 'feel' as this request, simply hide the toolbar, and use the dll to dock an @Win to the top edge of mIRC's display area.

As such, it may be better to suggest that docking functionality become native to mIRC. It would broaden the request thus making it applicable to far more users.

--

(Not sure if you are aware: instead of posting multiple times you can quote multiple users in a single post and edit a post as much as you want to include more information)

Last edited by FroggieDaFrog; 20/02/16 05:00 PM.

I am SReject
My Stuff