Originally Posted By: Loki12583
If you're the one doing this, how is inventing and parsing your own syntax more versatile than just using mirc's? How is @upper@[text] any more versatile than $upper(text)? What you've invented is actually much less versatile than just using aliases directly.
Not really. What I gave you an example of, without the bloat included, is a command that mods can use to promote friends (other streamers) to the viewers. So, add a !command like '!profile' (or something else) and then it handles the work of converting the input to a command. Now, if these were hard coded commands, then it's not an issue to handle things directly. However, part of the versatility is in making it possible to add new commands, but without compromising security. So, instead of allowing a command to have and execute things like $upper/$lower, replace them with alternatives, so that there is control over what functions are available (and just what those functions do). So, without permitting access to mirc's commands, the only available commands are ones I make available. After all, don't want someone with mirc knowledge to find out my password, IP address, contents of my hard drive, etc.