Originally Posted By: Brax
However this fails to trigger despite the user having this hidden general access level along with named level.

Hum, if this is the case, then I misremembered and stand corrected. In that case, my only possible explanation would be that for matching * triggers, mIRC always sets the $ulevel value to the general access level of the user, which if there is none defaults to $dlevel. This behavior is then the same for users with only specific access levels, and users without any access level at all. Such behavior does somewhat make sense in that for * triggers, no matching of specific access levels needs to be performed anyway. I do now agree that this is unexpected at best.

However, one could make the argument that named access levels allow different scripts to manage different access lists at the same time. In that case, a script should never rely on $ulevel returning that script's named access level from a * trigger, since with your proposed change, $ulevel could return any one of the user's matching specific access levels. So in that sense, the current behavior isn't all that bad either, maybe.

Saturn, QuakeNet staff