I take it nobody came up with a solution for this?

I do have mIRC installed as non-portable application but I'm unable to get Chrome to open mIRC when selecting an irc:// link.

The issue is I originally declined having mIRC open irc links and now I would like it to open those links.

I have been trying to research this before coming here. I've tried the advice of deleting the entry in one of Chrome's settings files where it said 'true' or 'false'. It just rewrites it's previous setting. I tried setting it as false, still nothing.

I've also reinstalled mIRC and still nothing.

There's also been other proposed solutions using some javascript command to set protocol handling and still nothing.

I looked through the registry to see if there's some settings there and I wasn't able to find anything.

So, if anyone has some knowledge on this I'd really like to hear something on it.

I'm going to keep researching this though even after this post. This is a challenge and I can't seem to turn down a challenge.

Edit:
Ok, I didn't give up and I was able to finally get Chrome to ask me again if I wanted mIRC to open irc:// links. This is what I had to do:
1. Uninstalled Google Chrome
2. Deleted all Chrome directories and files in:
C:\Users\{username}\AppData\Local\Google\
3. Deleted all registry entries dealing with Google Chrome (If you don't know your way around the registry then don't go there.)
4. Re-installed Google Chrome from scratch.
5. Ran Google Chrome and then closed it.
6. Re-installed mIRC (didn't have to uninstall it).
7. Ran Google Chrome and found an irc:// link and clicked it.

I 'think' that was all. When I clicked on a irc:// link Chrome asked me if I wanted mIRC to open those links. When I clicked on an irc:// link mIRC went to open the network and channel in the link parameters.

I know it sounds like a lot but that's the only thing I could do that worked.

Last edited by Lloyd_B; 18/04/15 03:32 PM.

Lloyd