Originally Posted By: QarlssonQ

This is the script that im using.
Quote:

on *:TEXT:just subscribed!:#: {
if ( $nick == twitchnotify )
msg $chan Welcome $nick and thank you for subscribing!
}

So here is the problem with your script, you currently are not allowing mIRC to see anything in-front of the message "just subscribed!" so your bot is actually looking for Twitchnotify to say "just subscribed" and not "username just subscribed" it is an easy fix

Code:
on 1:text:*subscribed*:#:{
  if ($nick == twitchnotify) { 
    msg # /me Welcome $1 and thank you for subscribing!
  }
}

Also, another thing you will notice I changed. The $nick relates to the Username of the person who triggered the event, so $nick would (in this case) be "twitchnotify" so unless you want to thank "Twitchnotify" a hole bunch, use $1 to direct your bot to reply with the first word in the sentence, which in this case is the username!

Also, side note, when you place * in the identifier field it means that there could be more text before the thing you are looking for, so take a sentence like this

"Hey, I really love cheese"

You want your bot to say "So do I" when it sees someone says "I really love cheese" if you simply did

Code:
on *:text:I really love cheese:#: {
msg # So do I!
}

The bot would /only/ respond when the user only says "I really love cheese" since I said "hey," before and "!" after, we want to make it more dynamic, so instead we would use * and factor the code like this

Code:
on *:text:*I really love cheese*:#: {
msg # So do I!
}

Now, if I said "Hooppahoopa hopeey doope I really love cheese doope duppa dee" the bot would still respond as I said "I really love cheese" in that sentence. Hope that makes sense!

Last edited by Exuviax; 27/09/14 09:19 AM.

I do things with stuff that makes other things do stuff.