thanks for clarifying what information was contained within that crash report. I'd hoped it contained some all knowing keycode or something.

The crash was triggered by a remote script connection I wrote myself. mIRC would only crash when running in concert with a dozen other mircs performing the same task of updating a database. The crash occurred hundreds of times as a result of this function $ini(%hv.fnpl,PL,0) It would appear mirc cannot on windows xp read from files that are currently being read from or written to by other mircs without crashing itself or others in the process, probably due to something outside of your control.

I since consolidated my endeavors into a single multi-socket connection that no longer crashes but, every problem has a solution every solution has a problem, presents a second oddity that seems to be in your neighborhood. No matter how hard i push the now single mirc on my i3-3225 i cannot get a single mirc running my own remote scripts, regardless of priorities set in task manager, to exceed 27% processes used on average. 10 sockets or 30 sockets it seems its total load level is being limited to 27% whereas when i ran a dozen mirc doing the same task i could push it to 95% processes and beyond. IS this an artificial limit? Can something somewhere be changed to make mirc consume 100% of CPU processes available?

P.S. I severely miss the script editor "find text" button. That whole empty space where it once sat should be full of handy buttons. I've never in 10 years used the check brackets button, rather i hit the find text a 100 times a day.