The most visible example goes like this: someone sends me a /msg and I don't see it, but I do see myself sending them back a /notice with this message:

[TrollBane] Your unsolicited msg was automatically closed by Troll Bane. Please ask for permission in channel before msging me again.

That's definitely from the script I wrote years and years ago. When I had that script loaded, the idea was, I could set a permission level on a user (the script included popups to do that more easily from the nick list) that granted permissions, so messaging me was "opt-in". Seems silly now (and that's why I unloaded it a while ago) but back then I was active on servers that were lousy with spam-bots and you'd get hammered with spam msgs every few minutes if you didn't have something like this in place. The script also had a lot of customizations available to change the message and the situations in which it would fire.

Anyway, it's definitely not a built-in mIRC setting that's firing here, because it's using the text above that's not native to mIRC.