First of all, my apologies for a bit of thread necromancy, but I have just run into the same thing described here, and this thread is the only thing that popped up on Google about the same issue.

Until last night I was running 6.2, then I upgraded to 7.29 and suddenly my status windows were being logged. I've been using mIRC since at least 1998, and I have never logged a single status window ever, until now. This is not an isolated incident either, as I've checked and found that my mIRC installations on 4 different systems which I upgraded to 7.29 from 6.2 just last night all have begun logging status windows. So perhaps there's some kind of misreading of older versioned ini files that triggers this behavior in newer versions.

EDIT: Found it. A 6.2 mirc.ini file that has never logged status windows lacks a section named [logging]. Once you specify not to log status windows in 7.29, it appears along with the switch 'status=off'. I'm guessing that when older versions do not see this specific setting they do not log by default, but newer versions do log when there is nothing specified.

Last edited by mrkorb; 22/04/13 12:06 PM.