Originally Posted By: SneakyTon
I'm not changing the format, I'm changing the actual timestamp (to one in the past). I already did say "not the current time".

The format and the actual timestamp are the same things. You can change the format to be an actual time:

Code:
//var %ts = $timestampfmt | timestamp -f [01:25] | echo -at this will be displayed at 1:25AM. | timestamp -f %ts

Rather than stubbornly assuming you are right, you should ask how these features could be used to do what you want, if you can't immediately see how. We would gladly show you (as I just did).

And again, it's not a bug. At best it's a limitation. mIRC has no way of detecting that you are putting a custom timestamp in the line. When you timestamp logs, mIRC timestamps all lines that come in-- this is a logging feature, not a display feature. The whole point of the feature is so that users have the time associated with each logged line, you know, as log files typically do. It absolutely should timestamp every line regardless of whether -t is used (-t being a special case where mIRC strips the first token)-- because if someone turns timestamps off in display but turns it on in logging, they should get timestamped logfiles. With your suggestion, this would not work.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"