I have this issue too in mIRC under wine, but it doesn't seem to spike my CPU, and it does it to nicks and links, it flickers like crazy in the view area (where the text buffer is), I have an issue with backspacing in an editbox too if it has started to scroll for typing a long message, and you backspace, anything new you type doesn't show until it exceeds the length of what you erased... kinda annoying but I didn't think to really report it cause its most likely a wine issue I thought, but yea older versions do perform a lot nicer than 7.25 under wine.

Example of my editbox issue:
Code:
oh man I had this super <== typed
oh man I had this <== deleted super
oh man I had this       tasting... <=== typed "nasty" but its invisible...

The text problems even worse in the scripts editor, when you try to go in the middle of a line and start typing, it starts overlapping and looks like its erasing the code as if you had insert on, but once you use the brackets check button you can see the proper line clearly, again tho I didn't really wanna file this as a "bug" since it is under wine and I know for a fact this stuff works fine on windows, but I do know I don't seem to have these issues on 7.22 under wine.

It might be my system too that I don't notice any major CPU spike, My CPU is an AMD FX-6200 Six-Core @ 3.8Ghz