The first part is likely to happen at some point... at least with images. Animated GIFs may never happen, though. In general, animated GIFs are disappearing as people have gotten tired of them. Again, that's up to Khaled and I'm just guessing.

Nicks and channel names should show fine in Cyrillic on any UTF-8 enabled ircd as long as the network allows you to have UTF-8 characters. Some have rules in place that you can only use ASCII characters for channel and nick names. This is mainly because it's far easier for people to type those characters if they are from a different country.

To insert images in the nicklist, you'd need a DLL. nicklust.dll lets you do a lot with the nicklist, and I believe it lets you add images. I haven't used it before, but you can search for it and see what it allows you to do.

To wrap text to the next line, you need to manually do that in a picture window. Check window width (or use a fixed width) and only display as many characters as will fit in that width. To "scroll", /drawcopy is probably the easiest way. To bring text back on the screen after it's scrolled off, you'd need to track the text in a custom "buffer" and re-display it with your script. As I mentioned, this is a lot of work, but it is possible. I wrote a Telnet script in a picture window that scrolls up (it doesn't scroll down because I didn't need that) and it works really well. Of course, if you try displaying a LOT of information all at once, it can lag the script. But for a typical channel, that won't be a problem. You just wouldn't want to join a channel with hundreds of people all talking at once.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net