Howdy.

I'm running mIRC 7.19 on a recent Dell Inspiron laptop under Windows 7. (Previously I used mIRC for years on an older Win XP laptop.) This started happening sometime within the first couple of months of using the new laptop, *maybe* as early as the first time:

If I switch among other windows while mIRC is running, sooner or later the mIRC window vanishes.

The mIRC application vanishes from the Applications tab of the Windows Task Manager, but the process mirc.exe *32 keeps running per the Processes tab, and the channel still thinks I'm logged on. If I start up another instance of mIRC, I don't get to use my nick, because that nick is still signed on.

All I can do is end the mirc.exe *32 process from the Task Manager before I start it up again. The people I'm chatting with see "[my nick] has quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)".

In the course of a two-hour chat session, this may happen one to four times, depending on how much I'm switching back and forth among windows.

Can anyone offer a diagnosis, or tell me what other information I can collect the next time this happens that might help diagnose the problem?

Thanks a lot for any help!
<-----2011-9-27-----MSG----->