Originally Posted By: argv0
Using -6 for that connection means that IPv4 does not work in that connection. This is expected behaviour as well. /dns will not function on IPv4 addresses inside of a connection with /server -6. Again, this is expected behaviour. Because of this, it will be impossible to resolve IPv4 hosts. The issue isn't about bind ips, it's about resolving hosts. IPv4 is disabled in a connection bound to an IPv6 only adapter. /server -6 does this (local for a connection). This is by design. I'm not a huge fan of the design, but it was discussed thoroughly when the feature was introduced. Even forcing IPv4 with /dns -4 will fail to resolve a host in such a connection.

My tests contradict what you said. /dns -4 does not fail, in fact it works just like it should (which is why /sockopen should have -4/6 switch as well)

Originally Posted By: argv0
Now, the "fix": Use PRIORITY MODE (Alt+O -> Connect -> Options -> Ports), not /server -4/-6. This mode will FALL BACK to IPv4 when 6 isn't available. /dns will continue to function. This is how *I* am able to /dns google and run your /goog script in my IPv6 connections.

The priority mode is backwards and irrelevant... "Enable IPv6 support and prioritize IPv6 over IPv4 connections"

I am unable to do /dns like you are saying. It simply fails after trying to lookup IPv6, only with the -4 switch it works. But /goog still does not work, because I can't foce -4 (of course if I use the IP address it works just fine, but this shouldn't be necessary)

Last edited by Wiz126; 11/02/11 05:18 PM.