If you read what I said, I still think that it makes more sense to search for what is selected (when using that option) rather than trying to have mIRC guess what you really mean. If you're on $foo, then $foo should be what's inserted if you use that option. It is not uncommon to search for the identifier itself.

Consider a built-in identifier, such as $me. Searching for me would very likely find a variety of things not related to the identifier you're trying to find. Also, if you're trying to find the alias that creates the identifier, just searching for the identifier name (foo) is unlikely to find the alias that creates it anyhow. If you want to find the alias, you are going to be better off searching for foo { (or even alias foo { if you have it in Remotes). Removing the $ doesn't suddenly make it find the alias for you.

So, in short, mIRC should not change what you have selected on its own. That's up to you. mIRC can't know what you're trying to find and guessing isn't a good choice.

Wims, although a tooltip might be useful, reading one, then switching files, then using Ctrl-G to get to the location will take longer than a search for foo {. Also, I don't believe the scripts editor supports tooltips and adding them isn't really important enough (imo) to do the amount of work necessary to add tooltips there. I'd much rather see true tooltip support in dialogs without needing a DLL before seeing them in the scripts editor. smile

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net