Ok. Thanks for the heads up; I needed that clarification of a problem that I've never had. Turns out I've been doing it wrong all these years. I've been scripting on a near-daily basis since March 9, 1998, when I stumbled into #HelpDesk on DALnet and a home. And in all these years, never once have I restarted mIRC to "activate" my script. I frequently don't even close my editor (Set as a desktop window [Alt-O->Display -> Windows], stretched to maximized size.) I simply Alt-File -> Save -> Alt-Tab -> trigger the script to test it and repeat until perfect. I suppose I will have to give up scripting altogether now because I'm certainly not going to keep restarting mIRC for every scripting change I make. It has been fun while it lasted, though. I've met some really wonderful people over the last 4¾ years on DALnet and elsewhere. I'd like to thank the Academy, my manager, my family and mostly you, my wonderful fans, for making this possible. You like me! You really like me!

Wait. Who am I kidding? I'm not wrong, so I'm not going anywhere. 4¾ years of mIRC scripting experience tells me this. There is no instance that I can think of where you might need to restart mIRC to test your script changes. Once you make a change and save it, it is active. End of story. You do not have to exit mIRC. You do not have to restart mIRC. It's active after you save it.

DALnet: #HelpDesk and #m[color:#FF0000]IR[color:#EEEE00]C