Normally, I agree with you hixxy, and I actually do agree with what you said except in this context. shocked

Unless adding extra support for $* is actually beneficial in some way other than using fewer characters to accomplish the same thing, I don't see any reason to break any scripts to do so. Now, if adding additional functionality to it will improve scripts in some notable way, then I'd agree that we should move forward with it. From what I know of $*, using a normal loop performs the same function just as well and if not as efficiently, at least close enough not to matter unless you're looping a LOT of times.

Personally, I just don't use it even if it's "easier" to type that than to type a loop. I'd rather not have to update a script because an undocumented feature was changed or removed when I can perform the same thing without many more characters and no noticeable performance loss. Also, I think it's much easier to browse through someone's script to help them troubleshoot it when you're seeing a WHILE loop (or even GOTO, though in almost all cases, that's not the best method) than to watch for $*. That's just my opinion, though.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net