After updating I've been experiencing sporadic crashes when playing mp3, most noticable right after a new song started.

I've added some debug to my scripts, but as of now I couldn't find a defintive reason why this could be the case.
It seems to happen with VBR and CBR mp3s, with and without ID3v2 tags (altho most of my library has them, both unicode and ascii).

My script uses /splay -p %file to play the thing, and uses a timer to fill in informations to my "now playing" toolbar using $mp3 (apparently an alias to $sound, not sure where I got that from; used as both $mp3(%file).artist and $mp3(%file, TPE1).tag). I'm mentioning the timer since one crash clearly occurred after /splay, where I heard music playing already by that time - so my best guess would be a change/bug/problem in $mp3/$sound. Maybe related to the unicode change?

I'll update this post if I find a sure-kill sample mp3 you could use for debugging, until then I can only guess and encourage other people with similar issues to provide further information in here.