Originally Posted By: MeStinkBAD
Originally Posted By: FroggieDaFrog
yup. You missed the whole point of my request(Which you seem to do alot). Why have bvars function the way was /set|/var does? If you changed the format of them, it would mess up backwards compatiblity, breaking a lot of scripts.

The -u switch is a good idea, if it was to be used with the suggested -p switch. The -l switch is unless, if what I suggested is implemented.

You listed 3 commands... what about the other 20 or so commands/identifiers that use binvars? They all going to need a -p switch too?

The reason I ONLY listed those three commands is b/c that's the only 3 you would need to mkae binvars presistant

Code:
sockread &tmp
bcopy -p &PresistantBinVar 1 &tmp 1 $binvar(&tmp,0)

simple as that. Why have khaled go though and fix sockread/fread/etc, when the implomention of just those 3 would cover all you need.

Also, Jaytea, I see what you mean by the need for something to such as $var() for the binvars to see what is presistant and what not. I guess I didn't really think it through as well as I thought. Though it would be a nice idea, for Khaled to do it, and keep backwards compatiblity would be quite hard

And with that, This thread can be deleted.

I am SReject
My Stuff