Np. Was just pointing out that scripting isn't really too hard until you get into more advanced scripts. For the most part, even if you don't know how to script, you should be able to have a little understanding of what each line is doing in basic scripts. Trying to make changes on your own is how you learn. smile

Code:
menu nicklist {
  Kick/Ban $1:ban -ku $+ $$?="How long (in seconds)?" $chan $$1 $$?="Why?"
}

Untested, but that should do it as long as I didn't mess up the order.

$?="" will put up a box to enter data to use. $1 in a nicklist menu will be the selected nick(s). /help /ban for details on using -ku to kick and remove the ban after so many seconds. The use of $$ prevents it from doing anything if there is no data for that identifier.

Note that you can use that with your /kb alias if you want to.

Code:
menu nicklist {
  Kick/Ban $1:ban -ku $+ $$?="How long (in seconds)?" $chan $$1 $$?="Why?"
}

Untested, but that should do it as long as I didn't mess up the order.

$?="" will put up a box to enter data to use. $1 in a nicklist menu will be the selected nick(s). /help /ban for details on using -ku to kick and remove the ban after so many seconds. The use of $$ prevents it from doing anything if there is no data for that identifier.

Note that you can use that with your /kb alias if you want to. It just requires updating the alias:

In Remote:
Code:
menu nicklist {
  Kick/Ban $1:kb $$?="How long (in seconds)?" $chan $$1 $$?="Why?"
}

In Alias (or put "alias" in front of kb { (alias kb {) and leave it in Remote with the menu.
Code:
kb { 
  ; $1 = Time, $2 = Channel, $3 = Nick, $4- = Reason
  mode $2 +b $3
  kick $2 $3 $4-
  ignore $3
  if ($1 > 0) {
    .timerkb 1 $1 mode $2 -b $3
    .timerkb1 1 $calc(2 + $1) ignore -r $3
  }
}

As a note, the kick line cound just be kick $2- since it uses everything from $2 on. I prefer to keep items separated like this, though, as it is a bit easier to read imo.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net