Well,

The title of this bug report describes the issue as related to the ON CONNECTFAIL and ON DISCONNECT events, but you are not showing this in your post. "ON CONNECTFAIL" and "ON DISCONNECT" are script related events, but your description is not script related. Is your issue with these events in a script, or is it simply that you do not see a line echo'd in your status? Again, these two are not related-- mIRC not echoing the "* Disconnected" line has nothing to do with whether or not the events mentioned in the title are functioning properly or not. I'm just trying to understand what you're reporting-- an aesthetic issue, or a script related one.

The contradictory information is as follows:
Quote:
Also note that I have correct proxy settings configured, however I'm unable to connect through the proxy. When I configure mIRC to incorrect settings, the connectfail / disconnect events echo.

Also, changing socks5 to socks4, or proxy, the events magically appear. Changing the host will also cause the events to work properly, however no matter what port I set on the current host while using socks4 the disconnect event does not echo.

You have "correct proxy settings", yet you are unable to connect through the proxy. This does not sound "correct" to me. How are you unable to connect if your settings are correct? I ask because this might be related to reproducing the issue, and possibly even the issue itself.

The second issue is that you say that when you change to socks4 the line starts to echo again. Then, in the next sentence you say "no matter what port I set... while using socks4 the disconnect event does not echo"-- is this a typo? Did you mean socks5?

Again, it would be far more helpful to describe the exact steps you took to reproduce this issue, including the exact proxy information (actual host and port info) you used.

- argv[0] on EFnet #mIRC
- "Life is a pointer to an integer without a cast"