I'd suggest learning, by yourself, by reading the mIRC help files. It probably wouldn't be a good idea to learn from the code pasted here as it appears some people haven't actually learnt a real programming language.

I don't mean to sound as though I'm having a go at them. Perhaps it would be a good idea for them to work out why their code looks like vomit, and attempt to correct that. After that point, they'd be at the stage where they can run various trials using $ticks to calculate the time it takes x repetitions of a certain task to complete. If all people would do this, most scripts would look and perform far better, as the code would be written in such a way that it was designed to be written.

Perhaps a better exercise would be to write an x86 assembly interpreter in mIRC, and slowly extend it to parse the mIRC scripting language. This isn't difficult, and is very enlightening. If you'd like documentation for the x86 assembly language, or any help, let me know. I'd be happy to help someone improve their coding style smile

Last edited by s00p; 09/11/09 10:33 AM.