In the interest of reason, and ensuring that the general readership are properly informed:

genius_at_work noted that
Quote:
... The functions currently return 0 for invalid input (non-numbers), ...

Thus, mIRC treats this consistently. It might be (in our opinion) consistently bad - but it is still consistent.

However, you appear to have a different view and want to put other views down with a cry of "irrelevance", so please answer me this:
- What do you get from the C Manual (your reference, not my chosen one) that sheds light on this discussion, and how does it help solve the issue.
- Truncating and wrapping are not the same, and truncating does not result in wrapping. Please provide some examples to demonstrate your perspective. I am listening and waiting to learn from the obvious master.
- Rather than dismissing the points out of hand - try to explain why they are irrelevant. From my point of view - the points made are exteremely relevant and it is you who is missing the point. Again, I am listening.

Try to learn where Australia is, and then revise your assumption on whether English is, or is not, my first language.

Try not to assume that people are stupid, either - it is rude, unnecesary. From your tone and language I too can make assumptions - and I assume that I have been working in IT longer than you have been on this planet.

Taking into account genius_at_work's point - the behaviour is defined for invalid inputs. Perhaps not defined the way we would like it. The help file may not be too clear on this either.

Cheers,

DK

Darwin_Koala

Junior Brat, In-no-cent(r)(tm) and original source of DK-itis!