If a mIRC setting can be switched with a command but has no identifier to return it's current value/state - how to get it?

Thanks to "mirc.ini unleashed" creating a custom identifier is no problem. It's fine if you're after read-only settings.
My problem is that if the setting was changed per /command (and not the options dialogue), the new value is cached only, it's not updated in mirc.ini. My custtom identifier thus won't return the current state/value.
Apparently setting are flushed to mirc.ini only if you open the options dialogue and close it via "OK". "flushini $qt($mircini)" won't work...

To reproduce:
"/flood" will display the current flood protection settings. You can change them via "/flood on|off|<new values>". There's no $flood identifier. $gettok($readini($mircini,options,n5),18-22,44) would return the respective values, e.g. $gettok($readini($mircini,options,n5),18,44) for "enabled/disabled". But it's the "last flushed" values - not the current values - if they had been changed via the /flood command and not the options dialogue.

Do you know a method to flush mirc.ini (without sendkeys to open and confirm the options dialogue)?
I'd rather solve this with a weird workaround than request "yet another identifier/command", the uncertainties of "when" and "if" it'd be added put aside... smile

Thanks in advance.

Edit: for those interested in the sendkeys workaround I dislike:
Code:
alias flushmircini { .comopen x wscript.shell | .comclose x $com(x,sendkeys,3,*bstr,$(%o~,0)) }
but: mIRC has to be active app; $com may be $locked; and some settings may get messed up if by any chance the options dialog was already open (event, modeless dialogue,...) frown