Originally Posted By: Khaled
I think you meant to say Alt+Enter instead of Control+Enter, since Control+Enter is used to send text without processing it as a command if it is prefixed with /. If I recall correctly, at one time mIRC did use Shift+Enter instead of Alt+Enter, however users reported that it was too easy to press Shift+Enter while entering text, since Shift is also used to capitalize text. So it was subsequently changed to Alt+Enter.

Yep, I meant ALT+Enter, sorry... Can we revert to shift+enter AS well as ALT+Enter? Shift+Enter seems natural to me (and i'm sure many Windows users)

If you type more text than the window can handle, you can view it by scrolling up or down with the cursor keys. This is how the multi-line editbox in previous versions worked as well in the past. I'll take a look at adding a vertical scrollbar in a future version though.

Thanks!

The /editbox command has always chopped off text at the first CR or LF. The reason for this is that CR LF and CRLF are all treated in a special way by editboxes, and differently depending on whether you are using a normal or richedit editbox, and whether it is a single/multi/auto editbox. So it's a lot more complicated than just pasting a $crlf $cr or $lf into it.

I'm sure I used to be able to put $crlf in the single line editbox... resulting in two "boxes" allthough I dont believe it would send anything after that... I guess we wont be able to fill the auto/multi editbox with more than one line using the $crlf... is there another way?

Thanks smile

[02:16] * Titanic has quit IRC (Excess Flood)