Likewise don't assume i don't understand the usage/usefulness of double buffering. The only real usage for this is for images recieved through sockets or files read with bread. The later offering no real benefit over drawpic -c which already caches from file and for which every subsequent call to the image will be loaded from memory and not from a file. So the only real beneficiary situation is where someone request new data from a socket a lot of times which doesn't offer performance gain either so what you have is a convenient feature for a situation that either doesn't happen often or when it does poses different hurdles.

I take offense in your assumption i just shoot down an idea for the heck of it because i put question marks over the improvements it will bring, talk about the pot blaming the kettle. Your blatant rudeness aside i am all for more binvar support throughout mIRC such as $encode allowing &binvar as param this suggestion however brings too few gains IMO to be any priority. Is it convenient ? yeah. Would i use it ? yeah. Do i think its an absolute showstopper? heck no.

$maybe