actually that was a typo in my post to here ..... i did have it correctly in the script i was working on and still no go ... ive not done much with hashtables in the past and i do like the way it works now ........ altho i dont know why mirc wouldnt evaluate the rgb normaly as to set the color to a set color rather than a changable color the code is

did -i $dname 1 1 settxt color $rgb(#,#,#)

under the init dialog setting
thats why it was giving me so much trouble even trying to use it like

did -i $dname 1 1 settxt color $rgb($color(listbox text))

i cant understand why it wouldnt evalute it properly

ive actually tried several combinations and yes the couple u and the other poster had suggested probably would have worked ..... but i had already come up with a solution by using the other means and it also worked correctly for me so i left it at that ...... im slowly trying to learn more and more as the next task i wanna work on is a treeview for the channels and networks ....... i think that will be probably the hardest task ive got coming ..... again i thank you for your help ....

altho i do wish there was something inside of mirc to halt its processing of a script ...... ive tried that pause snippet thats been floating around and it just doesnt do the trick in some cases .......

D3m0nnet.com