Originally Posted By: qwerty
This-is-a-string-that-will-delete-most-files-on-your-C-drive-if-you-use-that-script...-$findfile(c:,*,0,remove $1)

You have been asked not to post insecure code countless times, but you seem to systematically ignore advice. You (should) know by now what to do to write secure code, so please do. You used an example string here, which does not cause problems, but you clearly saw the OP used $1-, so you could at least have warned him.

From now on, I will be editing out any insecure code written on these forums, but of course I won't be able to monitor all threads and on time.

You are a 5000+ poster - that alone suggests experience and makes people trust your advice/code. You should be doing your best to live up to those expectations; at least get the more serious issues (like security) right.

Wims' version is also insecure this way, I hope he takes this advice as well.

qwerty no worries, i was just using an example the actual method im using comes from a long list on a text file and I use

$read(slash.txt,nw,$+(*,$1-,*)) has my original input line then it scans the file and if match, then it parses the data back but seperately.

The file itself is from my server database which updates every hour and the actual matches that occur are nicknames for a certain map.

So im the end user performing the actual input to search for.

On *:INPUT:#FFXII:{
var %x = $1-
if ($left($1,1) == /) { return }
elseif (con == $1) { %c.on = 1 | halt }
elseif (cof == $1) { %c.on = 0 | halt }
else {
if (%c.on == 1) {
script performed here
}
}
}

So the end result is safe, maybe I should of mentioned I was controlling the input

Code:
if $reality > $fiction { set %sanity Sane }
Else { echo -a *voices* }