Some of you may have heard or seen the movie Animatrix.

In this movie, it is described that humans have creates robots, programs, much like we have today, but these robots and programs have evolved, and developed their own conciousness.

In other words, they became living creatures, only they were created by humans.

And they were intelligent, even more than humans were, which led to them creating better, and more efficient Artificial Intelligence.

In recent days, I have decided to take on the challenge of creating an artificially intelligent bot, coded in mIRC scripting.

My main goal was to create a bot which will learn the English language, and will be able to have full conversations with other IRC users, much like a human would.

I can not find a way to do this right now, it seems to be too complex.

I wanted the bot to be able to learn completely by itself, with a minor help of grammar rules, which it would have been taught by me.

Do you think this is possible?
Can it be done?

Is it possible to bypass the limitations of a programmed bot, with programming?

Some of you may have encountered artificial intelligence chatting bots before, such as the Alice bot, but there's a different between what I want to create, and those bots.

These bots (such as Alice Bot), have predefined sentences and words in a database, from which they retrieve them, according to what is being said to them.

This though, is not what I mean.

I want to create a bot which will sit in an IRC channel, and completely learn everything from scratch.

One problem is, how will this bot know what the words it sees, mean?

I had thought of making it add all words to a database, with a number next to them.

So the bot does have some sort of meaning and understanding about the specific word, it may not be the way we as humans understand that word, but it's something, it has something to compare the word with, so when the word is said, the bot knows it means "that number".

So, do you think it's possible?
And if it can be done, do you think there's a chance bots of this type will somehow develop their own conciousness?

And if they do, what will they be like?