Originally Posted By: tompouce
Hi!

As everybody knows, IRC is dying... and so must be mIRC.

Who is everybody?

Quote:
As it goes, mIRC & IRC will be dead in a couple of years due to egoism of instant messengers.

It's called "appeal to unqualified authority." Why should anyone believe or trust you?

If you're going to convince us that you are right, you are going to have to support us with facts and evidence. Simply stating what you believe over and over again has no weight to your argument.

Quote:
But I thought about something. I'm surely not the first to but let's go into it!

I would love to have a slimmed-down version of mIRC (without any of the build-in interfaces).

Before we have to get into how advanced of an IRC client mIRC can be - what is it about the plain default mIRC that needs to be slimmed-down?

Quote:
With this one, application developper would be able to use mIRC API to make complete applications, with the easiest way ever!
Just a thought, but it would be so great.

mIRC scripting is the only coding language that does not use libraries and 3948 different guis with 948 different way to code it.

It would be very easy for us to code a ftp server, a mp3 player without having to learn c++, python, or whatever else.

mIRC scripting is our favorite programming language, so I would love to be able to use it to code outside of the irc client.

And for the price, the author should make a kind of developpement kit. Coders would have to buy the kit (so he would make money out of it). Think about it, the more people will use this language, the more he would make money!

Oh please! I don't think it would be too hard to code it that way so everybody would be able to use it!

It's my last hope, because I'm not using IRC anymore so I don'T use any mirc scripted apps anymore.

Thanks for reading!

So all this from your conclusion that IRC is dying, so mIRC is dying, so the less people that will download and pay for it, so another method for Khaled to make money.

When the times comes... (if that happens)..

Originally Posted By: tompouce
Says everybody, we don't need a master in communication to notice that everybody uses MSN, AIM, Yahoo, Skype nowadays instead of IRC.

Couldn't we have had the same problem in 1995?

Quote:
There's only gamers, geek, xdcc, pedophiles and such that uses IRC.

And will the population of computer nerds go down? Or pedophiles?

Quote:
IRC is obselete with its command line based functions and geeky interface clients. (mIRC is trying its best to make it more user friendly). Look at client such as Colloquy (on mac).

Nickserv, Chanserv, Channels, IRCops, G-Lined, Op, Voice, etc. All this stuff sounds so geeky in some noob's ears...

I feel as the years go on, more and more people will know about computers.

-Neal.