How it can be possible? I have prepared several tests, I have used them in two pcs, using Xp and Vista, with mIRC 6.3 and 6.31, and the conclusion is demolishing.

The numerical calculation test is basically equal in both mircs, slightly slower in the last as it has been normal in each new version of mIRC for years...

But the test using draw commands is tremendously slow with new mirc. With mIRC 6.3 one I obtain 5208 fps, and with 6.31 ... 307 fps.

How is possible? What justifies that slowness? The new icons? The new script editor? The new PNG library? Its a bug or is definitive?

In Vista also is slower, but not so slow, 2475 fps in 6.3 and 1658 fps in 6.31.

My script (IRcap) uses a graphical interface, and now I am doing simple games like the 8 Ball Pool and other that I have in project. That mIRC handles the graphics 17 times slower is a problem.

I hope that Khaled can remedy it for the next version. mIRC offers many possibilities that can give life at the IRC. But for some years, each new version of mIRC has been something slower than the previous one using graphics, over a 3% or 5%. Something comprehensible if every time includes more things. But this time, 17 times slower.. its a lot.

I think that Khaled must improve that aspect so that scripters can make things every time better, like more attractive graphical interfaces and, mainly, games, to play on line. Improvements in the graphics commands of mIRC, as for example vectorial graphics, like Flash style, would give many possibilities. And mainly more speed. I believe that those things must have priority for you, before icons changes, "messenger" modes, etc.

This is one of the test that I have used. Runs a loop during 10 seconds using /drawpic and says the frames per second at end. If you want to run it, need a "background.png" bitmap (400 x 400) and a little "sprite.bmp" bitmap with pure green color as transparent (rgb(0,255,0)).

alias testvel2 {
var %t = $ticks , %f = 0 , %n = 0 , %x = 0
window -kpBwz +d @testvel 100 100 400 300
drawpic -c
:L1
drawpic -cn @testvel 0 0 background.png
drawpic -cnt @testvel 65280 $int(%x) 1 0 0 160 16 sprite.bmp
drawline @testvel
inc %x 0.1 | if (%x > 400) { %x = 0 }
inc %f | if $calc($ticks - %t) < 10000 goto L1
echo -s Drawpic FPS: $int($calc(%f / 10))
window -c @testvel
}

Results in my PC (E6700):

In Xp, 5380 fps in mIRC 6.2, 5208 fps in mIRC 6.3 and 307 fps in mIRC 6.31.

In Vista, 2452 fps in mIRC 6.2, 2475 fps in mIRC 6.3 and 1658 fps in mIRC 6.31.

Thanks and sorry for my poor english.