Hi there!

I already found a thread about this problem, but didn't find a solution. mIRC's non-paged pool keeps increasing and increasing and I don't know what to do.

Here are a few examples from my machine (all done on vanilla mIRC 6.3):

Code:
//write -c test.txt blablah
This increases the non-paged pool by 2kb and doesn't go down anymore either. If I enter this command 1000 times, the pool goes up by 2000kb.

Code:
//!write -c test.mrc alias test echo test | !load -rs test.mrc | !unload -rs test.mrc
This will make the non-paged pool go up by ~50-150kb.

Same when I open the script editor and close it - it always adds ~100-150kb to the non-paged pool. I can give you more examples if needed.

After a few days of normal usage my mIRC has gone up to about 50mb of non-paged pool. Again, this was all done on vanilla mIRC 6.3, with no addons whatsoever.

No offense, but I also don't think Khaled is right in the thread I linked to above. I tried this for myself on two different machines (Windows Vista Ultimate x64 and Windows XP SP2), and it happens on both. With and without anti-virus solutions. I also asked 4 of my friends on IRC to reproduce it, and they all noticed the increase in the non-paged pool, even though the amount of increase varied from machine to machine. That of course doesn't mean it happens on every machine on earth - but it seems to be a common problem. I can only imagine most users don't even notice it since they don't run mIRC for days or they aren't running any scripts.
Also, mIRC is the only application I have ever used that has such a problem - I think if it was a driver issue, it would happen on more apps (correct me if I'm wrong).

I would be really happy if I could get more information on this subject or even help the mIRC staff to fix this (IF it is a mIRC problem). If you need more information from me, I'm glad to help, just ask.

Thanks for reading and I hope I didn't sound too rude, I just want to help you improve your great IRC client wink

Last edited by greeny; 21/09/07 03:47 PM.