I said it was faster, but I also said that it would not be noticeably faster. Unless you're testing speed by checking miliseconds, you won't even notice.

The biggest problem with not using them in this forum is that this forum is a help forum. People learn scripting from here. Even knowing how to script, this line is hard to understand without looking closely to see exactly what is going on in it:

Code:
if (%cmd) && ($me isop #sigbin) && (%n !isop $v2) %cmd $v2 %n $iif(%h == 2,2) Badnick !

If for no other reason, you should consider using {}'s in here just so that people learning scripting can easily understand what is going on and learn from it. It's also best to have people learn good scripting practices before learning shortcuts... especially shortcuts that may not always work. There are cases where leaving {}'s off will cause the script to fail even with only one command after an IF.

As for using the equal sign with /var, it is always best to use it simply because it also can fail if you do not. Yes, it will only fail with items that need to be parsed, but again, this is a help forum and people learning scripting will probably not see the relatively few times that we say when the equal sign is needed and when it isn't. That means that they may try without and then get an error and have no idea why they have an error.

Personally, I don't think it matters how people script on their own. If someone wants to make it 10ms faster by dropping a lot of {}'s, that's up to them. If he or she wants to make the code hard to understand so people are less likely to mess with it, that's also up to them. However, in a help forum or channel, it's better to follow proper syntax at all times. It reduces the number of problems people have when learning to script. smile

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net