I'm not doing anything that I think would violate the EULA in any way, being that mIRC is a rather open program. Sure it's shareware and I'm keeping it that way.

The average student barely has the know-how to get around mIRC, let alone do anything special. Sure, there were some like me who pushed the frontiers way farther than anyone else, but this project is more to satisfy the parents (who've heard bad things about mIRC) needs for protection. Basically removing the serverlist did that and even basic locking of the server access commands should complete the package. If I can make it hard to change the server (for the average user who relies on other people to fix their computer) then I will have met my goal. If someone really wanted by, they could just download the standard mIRC and hide the folder somewhere.

My current version of mIRC is standalone, needing no install/unpack file. Just a folder. I'm not sure if the trial clock is registry linked but I know that moving the folder does not affect the countdown. Registration works the same as the installed version.

I can provide a download link to the folder if someone in charge wants to check it for compliance with mIRC regulations/ EULA. No reverse engineering here laugh

Last edited by thecomputerdude; 23/04/07 03:30 PM.