I haven't upgraded my 6.2 to 6.21 yet, but the decision to change how logging is handled makes me apprehensive of upgrading at all.

I'd like a feature in the logging dialog that lets me specify whether I want my logs to be written per line of incoming data, or per "when you close the windows". I for one don't close mirc at all; it runs pretty much 24/7, the only reason windows get closed is because I need to reboot the machine it's running on for some reason, which is very infrequent.

This means that if I were to upgrade, I no longer actually have any access to my logs at all, which is mighty inconvenient if I need to go back through a log for information that ran past the buffer (server helpdesk and teaching japanese means I have to do that a lot).

It seems that for people who run mirc 24/7 this new logging choice is kind of detrimental to the very functionality of logging (you have access to what was said). Before someone replies with "you can just look in the temp log", yes this is true, and no that's not user friendly in any way =)

so, feature request: option to specify that logs should log per old policy (per line), per new policy (when you close windows) or perhaps even per time unit (cath-up log every ... seconds/minutes)

- Pomax