Well, you will need to learn to use sockets. The best way I found to learn sockets is to grab a script that has them and then examine how it works.

If you want, I have 3 scripts online right now that have sockets (http://www.kakkoiitranslations.net/mircscripts/ == weather and dictionary and bible ones), or you can search here for socket scripts and see how they work.

The main things you need to use for them are:

sockopen
on SOCKOPEN
on SOCKREAD

The sockopen event is almost always the same from one script to the next other than to change the site information and url information.

The sockread event starts the same, but then each one will parse the html file. Basically, you need to watch for a line that has the information you need.

For example,

if (*Clan Name* iswm %temptext) { var %clanname = $gettok( something ) }

Then, if a line comes up with Clan Name in it, it will set the clan name variable with whatever $gettok you set up. $gettok is useful for pulling out a specific piece of information from the html line.

Also, you may want to have a $htmlfree alias that you can use to remove all html to make parsing it easier.

The best thing to do will be to look at some scripts and see what they do and try to change one to do what you want it to do. Then, if you have trouble, paste what you have so far and we will help you sort it out.

(best I can do without giving you the script) smile

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net