Quote:
Limiting /filter output can be brilliant when your sorting a file.

Much like SQL LIMIT sorting is done before LIMIT so therefor if you can limit /filter to get the 10 highest scoring nicknames you wont have to overhead of outputting the other 30.000, per example , to the output buffer.

Well so can filter be stopped? it wasnt /halt in the -k alias becuase that did nothing when i tested it. I havent needed to do this for some time, but i still keep thinking i saw something about Khaled saying he had updated something so a repeditively called alias could stop the calling command (this might have been to do with findfile honestly im not sure).

Currently if i have needed to i have used this approch
Code:
alias example { .enable #example.filter.alias.group | filter -fk temp.txt example.filter.alias * }
;
#example.filter.alias.group off
;
alias -l example.filter.alias { 
  if (..no_longer_filtering..) { .disable #example.filter.alias.group | return }
  ;
  ..take_what_ever_action..
  ;
}
;
#example.filter.alias.group end
;
alias -l example.filter.alias { }

Which while it cuts down the time taken as after not needing to filter its a simple empty alias, this method still incurs the over head in the initail command of looping the rest of the way through the source, which if its a say 2,000,000 line file can still take some time.