Until about three years ago I ran a bot on several major channels on a small network. It was all mIRC script, I scipted all of it myself, and in addition to the usual array of bot functions it was (as much as mIRC running on a cable connection can be) our little network's version of Services. It registered users, it registered channels, and it had customizable settings for each. So I guess you could say I know how to make a bot.

Asking, "How do I make a bot?" is like asking, "How do I build a house?" It's not something that can be explained in a couple minutes or even a couple days. A couple months maybe, since that's about how long it took me to script my bot. That's actual SCRIPTING time. It doesn't count time spent at work, asleep, in school, or waiting for the latest version of mIRC to come out to see what new toys Khaled had for me to play with. With all that time thrown in we're talking maybe five years.

Anyway, to answer your question I've written a guide for scripting your own mIRC bot. This guide is based on my personal learning experience and will tell you how to make any kind of bot you want:

Lymril's Beginning Guide to Scripting Bots in mIRC:

• Open mIRC.
    Click "Help" on the menu bar.
    Read EVERYTHING.
    Read everything AGAIN.
    Do all of the examples.
    Think of BETTER examples (it's not hard).
    Make an alias.
    Make a remote event trigger an alias.
    Make a lot of really complicated aliases.
    Make a lot of remote events trigger a lot of really complicated aliases.

Version 1.0 of your bot is now complete.