I agree with you on that. I'm just thinking about how offering suggestions on how to avoid it would be showing how to bypass blocks like you described having at your work. If someone came in and asked for a way around their work's port blocking and mentioned that the work said they couldn't use chat for whatever reason, would you say that we should help them do it? I'm guessing from your post that you wouldn't help them.

I guess, I'm looking at this in the way I would downloading issues. We simply don't help people to download stuff because 99% of the time, it tends to be illegal downloading and we don't want to be a part of that. I'd bet that 80% of questions regarding how to get around blocked ports is because their job or school purposely blocked them to avoid downloads or chatting or whatever reason. I just see these as the same kind of thing.

Should we help one person with doing it, but not another based only on how they word their request? And if we post the answers here, then it is easily searchable by anyone who wants to do it when they shouldn't.

I don't know... If we want to show how to bypass the port blocking, then I don't mind helping people do it. I just think that it doesn't really fit with how this forum is run. I'm up for anything, though. laugh

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net