I bumped this thread because no definite answer was offered, however I respect your reason and your decision to strike it.
I will add however that the person should at least attempt to contact the network administration via any website they may have, if not via IRC, and determine the reason for the ban and if it's permanent or temporary, and the measures to appeal it if possible. As stated, if it is only temporary, your continued attempts to evade it may lead to a permanent K-Line ban of your entire netblock.