I'm not sure if it's beyond the scope of a hash table to do this, or it's just plain laziness or (presumed) efficiency on my part, but I'd like to see a /hrename method.

My reasoning: I have a bot with a hefty seen table, and I've made a routine to update the hash items to include one more column. Now, I know I've already iterated through the hash listing once, but I always like to double check before I mess something up so I've created a temp table and "applied" the changes to it, then viewed the table to make sure it went ok. Now that I've confirmed it worked, I have to iterate again to change the real table. Would be kind of nifty just freeing my previous, and having the changed table take over so to speak.

Again, it's just redundancy on my part, but I'm sure it could have some other features that someone with more intuition than I have. It may be hard to impliment, may not--I'm not sure. Just kind of a cool feature I thought. Feel free to give every reason why it's useless, absurd, and unnecessary.

Thanks as always. wink

-KingTomato