Quote:
One question, is there a way of making this script not activate if a nick has rejoined the channel within 5 minutes of pinging out or if there is currently a nick within the channel that is similiar, comparing the first 3 characters of the nick?

ie) If Kareesh is within the channel currently and then joins as Kar_Bed. The script would not welcome Kar_Bed as this is abviously a ping re-join.

or

Kareesh ping out and 4 minutes later, joins again as Kareesh again. The script would not activate.

Could these two thing be worked into the above script, or would this be impossible?

yes this is possible....

Code:

on *:JOIN:[color:blue]#channelname[/color]: {
  ;Checking to see if the person is already been checked within the last 300 seconds
  if (% [ $+ [ $chan ] ] [ $+ [ $chr(46) ] ] [ $+ [ $gettok($gettok($address($nick,2),1,46),2,64) $+ . ] ] [ $+ [ $gettok($address($nick,2),2,46) ] ] != 1) { 
    ;Setting the $nick to ignore list (for this script only)
    set % [ $+ [ $chan ] ] [ $+ [ $chr(46) ] ] [ $+ [ $gettok($gettok($address($nick,2),1,46),2,64) $+ . ] ] [ $+ [ $gettok($address($nick,2),2,46) ] ] 1
    ;Check the time of the $nick
    ctcp $nick Time
    ;Set this timer to message the $nick again ( you can change the timer to anything if u wish, i tested with 300 seconds and it worked  :) )
    timer 1 300 unset % [ $+ [ $chan ] ] [ $+ [ $chr(46) ] ] [ $+ [ $gettok($gettok($address($nick,2),1,46),2,64) $+ . ] ] [ $+ [ $gettok($address($nick,2),2,46) ] ] 
  }
}

on *:CTCPREPLY:TIME*: {
  if (($5 >= 05:00:00) && ($5 <= 11:59:59)) { 
    msg [color:blue]#channelname[/color] Good morning $nick $+ . 
  }  
  elseif (($5 >= 12:00:00) && ($5 <= 17:59:59)) { 
    msg [color:blue]#channelname[/color] Good afternoon $nick $+ . 
  }  
  elseif (($5 >= 18:00:00) && ($5 <= 23:59:59)) {
    msg [color:blue]#channelname[/color] Good evening $nick $+ . 
  }
  elseif (($5 >= 00:00:00) && ($5 <= 04:59:59)) {
    msg [color:blue]#channelname[/color] Good night $nick $+ .
  }
  else { 
    msg [color:blue]#channelname[/color] Hi $nick $+ . 
  }
}

Change #channelname to your channel...

i know the script may seem messy smile but it actually works smile

-- If u have any problems with the script, u can contact me on irc.GameSurge.Net in #mirc (i use the nicks Axl, Axel or omgwtfbbqhax)