Using text isin $1- is effectively the same as using *text* iswm $1-.

In my own opinion it would be more ideal to use regex here. For example:

Code:
on *:TEXT:*:#Channel:{
  if ($regex($1-,/\b((suck|gay|homo)s?)\b/Si)) {
    msg $chan $nick Don't use $regml(1) in here
  }
}

Firstly, the S modifier Strips the text before performing a match and the i modifier performs a case-insensitive match.

This above will match any of the 3 words by themselves, or surrounded by a non-word character on either side (homo! or -gay for example), which is practical. It will not match if the word is surrounded by another word character on either side (e.g. homosapien or omggay). It will also match the plural forms if the s is present, but it doesn't need to be.

In comparison to isin, iswm and $istok, the chance of $regex picking up a false positive is quite non-existant.

Furthermore, using $regex makes it easier to catch variations of words as shown by the following enhancement:

Code:
on *:TEXT:*:#Channel:{
  if ($regex($1-,/\b((suck|gay|h[color:red](?:[/color]o[color:red]|0)[/color]m[color:red](?:[/color]o[color:red]|0)[/color])[color:red]([/color]s[color:red]|z)[/color]?)\b/Si)) {
    msg $chan $nick Don't use $regml(1) in here
  }
}

The word most affected by this change is homo. Instead of matching just the letter 'o', it will now also match if you substitute a '0' (zero) in for either or both of the o's. It will also match if instead of using 's', you use a 'z', once again though the s or z does not need to be present for it to match. These alterations to the code are just me being paranoid smile