it only works for $N tokens smile for others it simply evaluates them normally :S

oh i was thinking of some identifier the other day that could be used to escape whatever follows it. something like $*text evaluating to text (i chose $* since it would have to be something that can never be made a custom alias, i.e. you cant have a custom identifier named *text. $* would return $null by this logic. of course this would break existing scripts that use $*.. but maybe its about time he got rid of that? :P)

so anyway, if such an identifier was made it could be used like so: //timer 1 $chan(0) if ($* $+ # ischan) who $!v1

of course the possibility of # containing parentheses could mess around with the if condition, but maybe special behavior for this hypothetical $* could be implemented? so to clarify, $* [ $+ stuff ] = stuff (and $* is the first suitable identifier i could think of for this laugh). i didnt think this deserved its own post in the features forum lol

another practical example: //timer 1 3 kick # $nick

instead of the workarounds to prevent the exploits qwerty mentioned, my theoretical $* could be put to use:

//timer 1 3 kick $!* $+ # $!* $+ $nick

"The only excuse for making a useless script is that one admires it intensely" - Oscar Wilde