Quote:
As a (in my opinion) fairly decent scripter, this seems useless, as I've never found a need to search across multiple lines for a search & replace text. I'd say that probably 90% of the search and replaces that I do are things like changing $chan to %chan where %chan will be holding the channel or channels.

If I'm misunderstanding you, please provide an example of what you mean.

Also please note that 20+ views and no replies doesn't mean much, as if there are 20+ unregistered people that have viewed your post, the fact that they have viewed it will still be registered in the number of views, but since they are unregistered, they can not post a reply.

Just wanted to make sure, because I sometimes write quite inintelligible crap... And that IS what I mean, for complex scripts it helps a lot, I personally have been coding a multiplayer game for a few years now, I had dropped the project due to various problems and decided to take it back up, so I had the need to replace some blocks of code repeated over and over with new, cleanlier and better code, and for not being able to do multi-line searching, it took me A LONG time.

And in any case, it'd be an option, so it wouldn't hinder functionality of actual system in any way I think. in fact, it should just be editting the dialog, I tried doing it with ResHacker, but either I [censored] up royally, mIRC is way too sensitive or it has an on-boot CRC-Check that prevented me from doing it. (The exe just didn't load, without giving any errors)

Last edited by Koji_Kabuto; 22/03/06 03:05 AM.