Hello.

I am trying to figure out my problem with mirc. I've been trying to dcc to people, and at some point I actually got the chat to work (although it might have been with version 6.02.) I now have version 6.03.

I've configured mirc (in File/Options.../Dcc/Options) to use a range of ports (under Dcc Ports, First is 4950 and Last is 5000.) In a previous test, I also used 8133 to 8160. I've also configured my router to forward the relevant port to the correct machine. I know that my router is doing this properly because I've been able to use other services that require port forwarding such as Warcraft 3 and Diablo 2 on Battle.net and high-id on emule/edonkey. At some point I also had identd going to my windows box, but now my Linux box is answering ident requests. This router is a Linux server that I administer.

When I try to dcc send to someone, they usually get a strange request. I ssh'd into a remote linux box, and fired up the irc client, then dcc'd from mirc to the remote linux box (cran.seul.org.) My home network is a completely different nat'ed network.

When I do /dcc send ZedCoke c:\zed.rar in mirc from home, the dcc send window pops up, and the cran.seul.org box receives the dcc request:

-ZedPepsi- DCC Send Zed.rar (24.202.205.134)
*** DCC SEND (Zed.rar 536017) request received from ZedPepsi
+[24.202.205.134:64285]

The strange thing is the port number. I tried it a second time, this is what I got:

-ZedPepsi- DCC Send Zed.rar (24.202.205.134)
*** DCC SEND (Zed.rar 536017) request received from ZedPepsi
+[24.202.205.134:64251]

Why is mirc trying to send on ports above 64000 when I asked it to use ports 4950 through 5000?

I might just have misconfigured something, if so please steer me in the right direction. I've looked at other posts about configuring mirc and the router, and I haven't been able to fix my problem.

Cheers,

Sebastien Loisel