I know how you feel, I had Win 95 till 1999, then Win 98 for two years then 2000 and XP, both of which I use today. Each time I thought the machine I was using was a speed-daemon, but is only because it was what I was used to at the time. If I compared that to the latest and greatest P120 available at the time I got my first Windows based computer (All AU$5000 of it) the 486-66 I had was an attractive option.

Anyway, please understand that my viewpoint isn't intended to be an attack on those that are unable to, for whatever reason, obtain a better system. Even I don't have the best one available and most likely never will unless I win Lotto, which is as likely as me getting mowed down by a road train whilst walking through Hyde Park.

This thread is explicitly about old versions of mIRC. No-one is blaming anyone for anything and no-one is seeking to get personal about it.

As stated in an earlier post though, there is no ultimate solution for anything these days. Maybe that applies to all of time. There is only the best possible solution which means as many people being as security conscious as they can be.