If it's a DOS worm, it's not technically M$'s fault at all. M$ just acquired DOS... it isn't really theirs.

As far as ANY browser, you can set your security preferences. If you're not using low security settings in IE, you have no problems. If you run a decent virus scanner program in the background, you have no problems. If you keep your software updated, you have no problems. It's not that difficult, but people don't do so.

No matter how secure something is, if a person (aka hacker) wants to make a virus/trojan/etc to get through it, they will. You can't really blame the software. Anything is crackable. That's why there has never been a software that has not been cracked within a very short time of release. People know what they are doing.

Now, I'm not supporting M$. I don't really care for them that much. I do use their software because it works and I like it better than the alternatives. But, I don't really support it. I just get tired of hearing people bash software when it's not really the software's fault.

Think about it like this. If Firefox were the main browser on the net, all these same virus/trojans would be written to break through that one and you'd have the same problem. It's a different program, so of course it won't be affected as much. Just like linux or macintosh... very few viruses affect them because they are different software and the viruses/trojans are not written for it. If Windows was not the most used OS, the viruses/trojans would be written for one of those instead and it would be the same situation. The hackers just take time to affect the most users... they can break any OS/software if they try, but if they don't have the userbase to make it worthwhile, they usually don't bother.

Invision Support
#Invision on irc.irchighway.net