when my mIRC preforms a long procedure (alias) it gets stuck, the OS "thinks" that mIRC is not responding (it is not in an endless loop), mIRC doesn't echo anything- and I don't know the progress of the operation (no /echo).
the operation I am doing is long, and requirs from mIRC about 150 secs of proccesing.
when the mIRC changes the file it is currently proccesing it is scripted 2 echo that, but the echo is disabled when mIRC is doing some long operations. When mIRC completes its operation then all the echos r displayed at once.
My workaround 4 that problem (reporting status while "not responding") is 2 open a new mIRC instance, and use the OS's DDE capability 2 send the status information 2 the new instance 2 echo it there. Using sockets 4 the same purpose is also applicable.

the feature suggestion is 2 think about a way 2 solve that issue.
My idea 4 solving that is to embedd some of the multithreading capabilities from the OS into the scripting language. or mayb just a simple command such as "/pause -m <N>" when N is the number of seconds (-m 4 ms's) that the current script should pause proccesing. Implement it with /timer requires 2 save the binary data, and the local variables, as well as restoring the contents of some global variables that have been changed by the remote script during the pause duration.

My suggestion 4 the problem mayb stupid, and not applicable, but solution 4 that problem is a required feature.

10x in advance, Gaby.

p.s.: sorry 4 my English, but its enough 2 understand the mIRC help file.